Satya Social Media is dedicated to bringing cutting-edge social media skills to conscious businesses, artists and musicians, professionals in the yoga and wellness fields, and all those looking to have a more genuine presence online.
I believe that modern communication tools can be used consciously to help you share your vision and build connections around the world.
In the initial consultation we will:
1. Identify your genuine voice and how that voice best translates to the social media world; discuss your vision, goals, strengths, and obstacles. Evaluate your current networks – what’s working and where they could grow.
2. Find the right social networks to fit your voice and provide training and best practices instructions for you or your team, plus initial setup help for any new networks.
3. Determine a realistic plan for effective use of the networks that fits your lifestyle or the time constraints of you team without living online 24/7.
Sustain and grow with ongoing support and guidance.
Monthly services include:
1. Guidance and feedback to help you choose the best content and use it most effectively. Team coordination and training if applicable.
2. Aid in setting up and implementing periodic special Campaigns – eg product release, event promotion, or entrance into a new social network.
3. Monitoring and evaluating your networks throughout the month. Feedback through email, Skype, or in person meeting to address questions, assess progress, and give updates on new developments in your networks.
4. Access to private Google docs containing instructions for most effective use of the networks and fresh information on new developments in your chosen networks.
I offer instruction in a wide range of networks: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube, Soundcloud, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, as well as blogging, podcasting, mailing list growth, and social media integration in to your website.
Please contact me to discuss a custom rate package to fit your needs.
Starting in 1999, when she took a job with a dot-com startup, Satya founder Claire Thompson has been interested in the growth of the internet and its power to reach people in a positive way. Since 2004 she has provided marketing and production services for music and yoga events, non-profit fundraisers and spiritual retreats. Clients included Lama Marut, Mahasukha Center, Disorient, and Costume Cultural Society. With internet startup Giveback.net in 2006-2008 she created and promoted online music-based fundraising campaigns for charity. Her engagement with social media intensified in 2011 when she started working closely with Modala Media (who provide social media management for Bassnectar, Glitch Mob, Michael Franti, and Gaudi) to build DJ/Music Producer FreQ Nasty‘s presence online. Over the 2 years they collaborated, they tripled his Facebook and Soundcloud fans, doubled his mailing list, oversaw a website re-design, developed merchandise, and increased his reach across all networks. Claire also serves as Administrator for FreQ Nasty Recordings and has coordinated and promoted 3 releases on that label.
Her recent work with music/technology startup Subpac took them through a huge period of growth, in just six months increasing their Facebook page likes by six times while keeping up high levels of organic post engagement and quadrupling their Twitter followers. Claire also streamlined their networks so energy could be concentrated to best grow their vision, coordinated an international team of content creators, set up a work flow for content to be shared and used by multiple team members across multiple platforms, trained staff in best practices for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, crafted content, and set up highly effective Facebook ads while reducing their ad budget.
Claire is presently heading all aspects of social media for prominent Buddhist teacher Upasaka Culadasa, including managing his networks, launching his blog and podcast, and promoting his upcoming book “The Mind Illuminated”. She also advised Buddhist teacher Lama Marut on social media prior to the release of his book “Be Nobody” on Beyond Words Publishing. She is currently working with Los Angeles yoga studio Yogala, and yoga teacher Garth Hewitt to expand the reach of their yoga offerings across all social networks.
Projects close to her heart are the Dub Kirtan All Stars and Yoga of Bass, which have grown steadily since 2011 when Claire started setting up their social networks and websites. She currently manages the Yoga of Bass social media presence, website, blog, mailing lists, and event bookings. Claire’s interest in offering her services to the wellness professionals and conscious businesses reflects her 14 years of experience as a bodyworker and more recently as a teacher and practitioner of yoga, meditation and Buddhism.
“We worked side-by-side with Claire of Satya on FreQ Nasty’s online presence and direct-to-fan marketing for two years – she has a great grasp on what really matters in the ever-changing landscape of social media, and an intuitive understanding of how to connect and build a meaningful relationship with an audience. Plus, she’s a pleasure to work with!” - Edward Jenkins – Co-Founder: Modala Media (Bassnectar / Michael Franti / The Glitch Mob / Electric Forest)
“Our non-profit organization, Dharma Treasure has greatly benefited from Satya’s expertise. We could not be happier with the professionalism and patience they have demonstrated. They are assisting our board with strategy and implementation of all internet communications, branding, and volunteer organization… Following their recommendations and new formats we have already seen a significant boost in friends and followers on social media. ” – John and Nancy Yates, founders of Dharma Treasure, a community for Buddhism and Meditation